With the brand new PS5 system software update going live tomorrow that permits the SSD growth, PlayStation has launched a video clearly displaying tips on how to set up a PS5 SSD growth within the console’s SSD growth bay. The video clearly outlines supplies, prep, and step-by-step directions, particularly useful for anybody who is likely to be a little bit bit nervous concerning the course of. You may watch the five-minute tutorial beneath, in addition to learn by way of our textual content define.
How one can Set up a PS5 SSD Enlargement
This set up course of will work for each the digital and disc-based PS5 consoles.
What You’ll Want
- PS5 Console (Digital or Disc Variations)
- Appropriate M.2 SSD Enlargement Drive
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- Secure Work Floor
- Optionally available: Mushy Material, Flashlight
Ps5 SSD Set up Preparation
- Be certain that your PS5 is up to date to the most recent PS5 system software program.
- Energy down your PS5 console and let it cool off.
- Take away the PS5 console’s base and connected cables.
- Contact a separate steel grounded object to diffuse any static electrical energy and forestall harm to the console.
PS5 SSD Set up
- Place the console in your work floor with the PS emblem aspect down and the facility button going through away from you.
- Take away the quilt.
- Place your proper hand to on the sting of the underside proper nook and your left hand on the highest left nook.
- Raise the nook of the quilt along with your proper hand, utilizing the left hand to slip the quilt off in direction of the place the bottom attaches to the console.
- See picture beneath or video above for visible help.
- Use the screwdriver to detach the growth slot cowl (the lengthy rectangle of steel close to the fan, on the entrance fringe of the console).
- Take away the screw and spacer contained in the growth slot.
- Place the spacer within the slot that matches your SSD growth dimension.
- Maintain your SSD in order that it matches the connection port. Insert it ranging from a barely diagonal upward place. Be certain that it’s firmly pressed in.
- Fasten the SSD in place with the spacer screw you eliminated in step 4.
- Put the SSD growth bay cowl again on and screw again into place.
- Put the PS5 cowl again on utilizing the alternative movement utilized in step 2 to take away it. It is going to click on again into place.
- Reconnect your PS5 and following the on-screen prompts to format your new SSD growth to be used.
- Format: PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD
- Capability: 250GB – 4TB
- Sequential learn velocity: 5,500MB/s or sooner is really useful
- Kind Issue: M.2 sort 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 and 22110.
- These numbers might be discovered on retail listings for M.2 SSD gadgets. The primary two digits consult with the width, the remaining digits to the size
- Socket sort: Socket 3 (Key M)
- Size: 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, 110mm (comparable to the shape issue sort, per above)
- Module width: 22mm width (25mm width isn’t supported)
- The entire construction (together with an added cooling construction) can’t exceed 25mm (0.984in)
- Top: The entire top of the M.2 SSD and its cooling construction (comparable to a heatsink) – whether or not built-in or separate –should be lower than 11.25mm (0.442in)
- The peak should even be in the fitting place, in relation to the M.2 SSD’s circuit board
- The dimensions beneath the board should be lower than 2.45mm (0.096in). The entire dimension above the board should be lower than 8mm (0.314in)
- Different Notes
- Each single-sided and double-sided M.2 SSD gadgets are supported.
- M.2 SATA SSDs aren’t supported.
- You must rigorously assessment drive specs prior to buy and call the seller or producer should you want additional data. SIE can’t assure that every one M.2 SSD gadgets assembly the described specs will work along with your console and assumes no accountability for the choice, efficiency or use of third-party merchandise.
- Not all video games are essentially playable with the very same efficiency supplied by the PS5 console’s inner Extremely-Excessive Velocity SSD, even the place the M.2 SSD system’s sequential learn velocity is quicker than 5500MB/s.
- Nearly all of M.2 SSD gadgets with the above sort numbers (M Key Sort 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 and 22110) and with no built-in cooling construction will match the PS5 console’s SSD slot. Nonetheless, sizes for cooling constructions (like heatsinks) fluctuate drastically. If you’re unsure an M.2 SSD or cooling construction (comparable to a heatsink) you’re contemplating meets the dimensions necessities outlined right here, we advocate searching for one other product possibility or contacting the seller or producer for extra data.
Word that another drives that don’t meet the above standards may match, however these are Sony’s really useful specs. Following them will make sure the drive you select will operate with the PS5.