Listening to the murmurs within the Lab Slack channel, evidently controlling the density of the articles is vital to the neighborhood. Some customers prefer to see a mixture of photos with the article abstract, some individuals favor to see solely textual content, some individuals need extra density, some much less. In Experiment 08, we took that suggestions under consideration and added a brand new density desire which will be utilized to textual content solely, journal, and card views. The result’s extra management over the way you need to devour your feeds.
Notice: The view and density settings will be configured for every supply, feed, or board. There’s additionally a world choice within the app settings.
As a part of Experiment 08, we’re pushing out the brand new set of icons (designed by the talented Daniel Klopper)
Polish and bug fixes
The group additionally took benefit of the Experiment 08 construct to repair the next bugs and tough edges:
- Added button to go from no unread to all articles (Thank you Daron, John, Rogerio)
- Return to feed listing after swiping the final/first article (Thank you Peter & Scott)
- We added assist for Firefox and Chrome as favourite browsers on iOS (Thank you Donhack, Peter, Jon)
- We fastened an authentication error associated to attempting to login to Google in a webview (Thank you P and Anks)
- We fastened the iPad framing bug at first launch (Thank you Michal)
- We fastened the picture loading problem the place typically the preview would present a picture however not the opened article (Thank you Mark)
- We fastened the lengthy titles in header bug (Thank you Chip)
- We improved the Youtube integration (Thank you Seb)
- After refresh on the finish of the Immediately web page, we’re not staying on the Immediately web page (Thank you Paavo)
- We added an choice to open a supply from an inlined article by tapping on the supply title (Thank you Xeor)
- Separated auto-mark as learn between cell and Net. You’ll have to re-select auto-mark as learn on scroll within the cell settings if you wish to activate it.
- Improved uncover search auto-completion historical past expertise (Thank you Jesse)
- We polished the again mode of the paged scrolling choice (Thanks #paged-scrolling)
- We fastened the battle between the textual content choice and the shut gestures
- Refreshing the All web page after mark as learn within the All web page footer (Thank you Dallas)
- Mounted rename supply bug (Thank you Dallas)
- Make uncover language sticky (Thanks Eduardo)
Subsequent: Switching the Basic App and the Lab App
The following two weeks are about fixing bugs and tough edges and attending to the purpose the place we are able to change the basic app with the brand new lab app. Your suggestions goes to be extraordinarily helpful throughout that point. After getting 48.0.2 put in, in the event you expertise any bug or run into part of the expertise which doesn’t really feel polished, please add a message to the #bugs Slack channel. The dev group might be actively monitoring that channel and attempt to repair as many bugs and tough edges as attainable.